Burlingame Woman’s Club

COMMUNITY SERVICE • LOCAL PHILANTHROPY
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT

Burlingame Woman’s Club (BWC) is a group of women from Burlingame and surrounding towns who gather for fellowship and to support the community through service and philanthropy.

 

Events

Events

Join us for member meetings, service projects, social events, and more.

Membership

Membership

Learn more about BWC membership and how to apply.

Service

Service

Find out about the many ways you can participate in service projects.

History

BURLINGAME WOMAN’S CLUB

front yard and front of the bwc clubhouse
On May 31, 1907, 45 women met at the Burlingame Train Station to form the Burlingame Woman’s Club dedicated to civic improvements in Burlingame, CA. This small group of women put their fundraising skills to work, and within one year, they raised enough money to build a streetcar waiting station and plant 600 new trees in downtown Burlingame. In addition, by holding street carnivals and selling “stock certificates” in their club, these enterprising women had enough money left over to purchase a lot on Park Road, which is now the site of the Clubhouse.